Trebuchet Simulators and Plans on CD
Includes plans for all these models!
All of our Trebuchet plans in PDF Format, PLUS the Atreb and FAT/F2K Computer Trebuchet Simulators on one big CD-ROM! SPECIAL BONUS: Get plans for our Mangonel model and the two e-books: The Projectile Throwing Engines of the Ancients, and Catapult Design, Construction and Competition too!
On this CD you'll get the complete and full versions of these:
- ATreb, the software trebuchet simulator. Type in your specifications, and it will tell you how far, how high, stress levels on your machine and you can even optimize key aspects of your machine! (Notice- this software is for windows systems only.)
- FATSIM, Same as above, but for the Floating Arm Trebuchet variants. I used it to design the piano tossing trebuchet used in the TV show "In The Name Of Science" (Notice- this software is for windows systems only.)
- Warwolf Trebuchet Plans, The full-scale machine was like the atomic bomb of medieval times. This 1/10 scale version reaches over 5 feet tall and can hurl a whopping one pound missile over 100 feet
- Floating Arm Trebuchet Plans, Also known as the FAT-2000. An original design invented by trebuchet expert Ron Toms, standing 3 feet tall, this super machine can hurl a golf ball approx. 300 feet!
- Tabletop Trebuchet Plans, It's small and portable, but this little desktop-sized machine can hurl marbles clear across the room- 20 feet and more!
- PVC Plans, The plans and instructions to build your own Trebuchet from PVC pipe and fittings.
- Onager Plans, The plans and instructions to build your own working model of the Mighty Roman Onager.
- "Catapult Design, Construction and Competition", The e-book that describes the national catapult and trebchet competitions of the 1960s and 70s. Includes design specs, competition rules, result records and personal reflections.
- "The Projectile Throwing Engines of the Ancients", originally published in 1901, by Ralph Payne-Gallwey, and based on his extensive research, this book defined much of what we know today in the catapult arts. Excellent bibliography!
Tools you will need:
For all projects (except for the PVC model) you will need a table saw, drill press, screwdrivers, carpenter's square, scissors, needle-nose pliers (to bend wire) and if you have a router, that would be useful too. But these can all be made without a router.
If purchased separately this bundle would cost over $125.00 !! This is a special deal for one CD-ROM with all of these PLANS and Simulators at one special bundle price.